Autovpn is a nice and simple project to easily connect to a VPN in a country of your choice.
If you need a VPN list, you can find the necessary URL in its source.
Here is a Python implementation too (link).
If you are a peasant like me living outside of the US but you still want to listen to Pandora Radio, which is only available in the center of world (USA), then what can you do?
There is a very simple solution now. Opera offers free VPN, built directly in the browser. You can choose between German, Canadian or American VPNs. Currently this feature is only available in the development version of Opera. So here are the steps:
- install Opera (development version)
- install Flash player for Opera (Pandora is a Flash-based website)
- visit pandora.com just to see that you are kicked out
- enable VPN: with Alt+P you can access the Settings, go to Privacy & security, then enable VPN
- Open an arbitrary site. On the left side of the URL bar you’ll see that VPN is activated. Click on it and select United States.
- Visit pandora.com again. Strangely, you are let in this time…