Terminator: a cross-platform terminal emulator with advanced features
I’ve been using konsole for years but I think I will switch to terminator.
- Arrange terminals in a grid (see screenshot below)
- Highly configurable
- Drag and drop re-ordering of terminals
- Lots of keyboard shortcuts (see the keybindings section)
- Save multiple layouts and profiles via GUI preferences editor
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome-terminator sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install terminator
My config file:
See my config file here. Its location is
$HOME/.config/terminator/config (rename it to “
- http://www.tenshu.net/terminator/ (I tried this one.)
- http://software.jessies.org/terminator/ (Another one. The difference is not yet clear.)
I was using terminator for a month but today I switched back to konsole. Terminator is not bad but I find some things annoying. I also sent two questions / feature requests to the developers and got no answers, so I don’t know if it’s still developed. Konsole is not that fancy but works just fine.
/ discussion /