Foreign keys with phpMyAdmin [MySQL]
You are using MySQL and you want to set foreign keys with phpMyAdmin.
By default, phpMyAdmin uses the storage engine MyISAM. If you want foreign keys, you must use the engine InnoDB instead. Steps:
- choose the table you want to modify
- choose the tab Operations
- here, change the Storage Engine to “InnoDB” (do this with all the tables in the current database)
- choose the tab Structure, then follow the link Relation view
- now you can set the foreign keys and decide what to do on delete/update